Sigil of Lucifer (“Seal of Satan”)

The Sigil of Lucifer is a lesser known historical magical sigil used occasionally as an emblem by modern Satanists. The image originates in the sixteenth century Italian Grimoirium Verum, or “Grimoire of Truth.” Used in conjunction with other symbols, its original purpose of the sigil was to aid in a visual invocation of the angel Lucifer.

The figure is probably derived from an earlier work, most likely drawn from a magic square whose origins are now lost. The emblem is sometimes referred to as the “Seal of satan,” although this is not a historical usage.

spacer
Image in situ
spacer
Related Symbols:
sigil
spacer

{ 1 trackback }

Religious Symbol Dictionary | symboldictionary.net
December 10, 2009 at 11:38 am

{ 158 comments… read them below or add one }

Donald Hasty Jr April 8, 2011 at 1:21 am

Everyone please listen carefully, to those who think in terms of biblical era, re-evaluate yourselves!!! Your intelligence on the matter of Lucifer is outdated.
Learn a new trick. Do you honestly think that such a harbinger of doom would live amongst us??? We are the cancer that those bibles speak of, humanity is itself its own harbinger or doom. Lucifer was cast in whose image? That of light right?
Enlightenment is nothing more than educating yourself to rise to your own personal heaven. honestly, Lucifer being cast from a heaven above to the slinks of a pit in Earth? Really? How does that happen to a supreme being amongst the stars?

Lucifer is the one who we all should owe our exsistences to, think about this, if Lucifer wanted us all dead from being invoked or evoked by humanity, then why the Hell would he try so hard to figure us out?

And to those who will read this and bitch about it, enlighten your contexts before inscribing them amongst those whose names are as water……..

Freidel April 14, 2014 at 10:17 am

i´v red alot about the subject in all sorts of texts and books and religons, i began to wuestion the churchs motiv a long time ago and i wonder why they hide, and how can Lucifer if he exists be evil just for speakin hes mind isnt the bibles religion a form of slavery isnt lucifer an angel and why dos everyone think he is so evil where dos it come from pleas mail me i´m werry intressted in the matter

Left April 5, 2011 at 8:19 pm

He’s not got long left has lucifer.

Waylon March 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

so u guys r serious about calling upon the Devil Satan Lucifer if this is real I woud like to try and see if it is because I belive in Lucifer he is very powerful but dont underestimate him for he will make you vanish into the depths of hell

Runescape March 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm

After reading all these messages I have to say, BRAVO l0l. These arguements are some of the most interesting views I have ever seen in my life, my conclusion is this: I don’t believe Lucifer and God are real, simply because people in BC had nothing to talk about so of course someone would want to make himself rich by talking about a higher being.

I also play runescape lol, my user is Faded Tigerr

WheyOnFire March 2, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Good Trick (Light bearer of Darkness) almost had it right But (The Holy One) which made the angels and gave them their Knowledge and Wisdom Tell Me How the Creation Got smarter than the CREATOR As far as MAN , Angels Or The Fallen Angels????????????????? Well Search and look for JESUS and watch What Happens cuz them bad spirits will seek you out and try to stop you from doing GOOD..

ThAt1GoThKiD February 15, 2011 at 4:06 pm

ok if ur stupid enough to try and summon Lucifer or any angel or anydemons then u had better do ur fucking research or YOU…WILL…DIE! ive seen it happen many times…dont rush thru anything…make sure u have protection for every possible thing.. then practice ur ritual a few times in ur head so u know how it will go =]]

Aislinn8024 February 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

This is my website, there are a lot of Lucifer literature. Huanyingchanglai!
:http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%C2%B7%CE%F7%B8%A5

Aislinn8024 February 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I am Lucifer’s true believers, I know him a lot of background. I am a girl from China, but I have a deep love for Lucifer.

dante January 29, 2011 at 3:25 am

i think some people are either playing too much diablo 2 or reading outdated source material that dates back to medieval times

LightBearer January 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Lucifer was god’s favorite angel, in the order of seraphim, with powers almost equivalent as god’s, he loved god and was loyal, and that when god created MAN he wanted all of his angels to bow down before US in praise of his new creation, and that Lucifer did not bow before man because he felt himself superior, and that Lucifer chose not to bow because he saw the inevitable flaw in us, a flaw that God himself did not notice and realize at first. Lucifer saw that one day we would all turn against one another, that one day we would wage war and murder, and hate, and commit crime, Lucifer saw all of that in us and did not bow because of that fact. Lucifer in my opinion, saw a god that created man, and focused his love towards MAN, his creation, and i honestly think, Lucifer felt some sort of jealousy, as any child would feel if a parent showed interest in there other son/daughter more than themselves, i feel that lucifer wanted fairness and equality, to be loved as much as god loved us.

So i guess in Lucifer’s disobedience, God banished him from heaven for being too PRIDEful, but the way i look at it, Pride shouldnt even be a sin, pride is something everyone feels, EVERYONE…..so i found myself at the end agreeing with her, not saying i worship lucifer but i, in a sense, feel bad for him, he didnt seem all that bad of a guy, and, not really deserving of his punishment. To me Lucifer symbolizes enlightenment and freedom.

(amazing video)

-Chosen- January 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Man everyone here needs to read the bible, seriously. Satan does NOT work for God till this day. The reason he fell, and took a piece of heaven with him, was because he wanted to be greater than God, he was prideful.

Those who believe in Satan and say that he’s good are just plain ignorant. Satan was meant to distort, and cause conflict, he is the master deceiver. He lied to the Angels in heaven! Do you think you, a moral, a flawed human, will also not be lied to? He’s caught you in his lies and your believing in him, this is what he is good at and because you are human, you will never come to that understanding.

The Architect January 7, 2011 at 2:55 am

Who on earth would want to summon anything anyway? What’re you gonna do when Lucifer turns up at your door? Offer him a glass of water? There’s no real point to summoning theological beings. Why even consider it? And, no, I don’t think Lucifer is a bad guy or anything. I’m actually an admirer. But “Drewcifer” has a point. According to whatever people consider evidence to these theological stories, Micheal threw Lucifer down and imprisoned him in “Hell.” He also has another good point. We’re merely human. Stupid, stinky, smug, sloppy humans. Lucifer, at one time, was an angel of God, the deity of the Christian religion. You wouldn’t summon Micheal, Gabriel, Uriel, or Cassiel, so why summon Lucifer? So, just because Lucifer got kicked out of the house doesn’t mean he’s any lower than the other angels.

ryan January 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I am tired of seeing this world destroyed my Man. I have observed and watched how people treat others poorly, using their emotions and beliefs to ruin their life. I am tired of watching evil and good fighting, using us as their pawns. Mankind has lied and ruined this world. I think it is time to create a new world, one pure and complete. This will happen no matter what it takes.

I wish to invoke the darkest of evil and the brightest being of light. Together as one, it is time to end this game. Evil and Good are two pieces of existance. Does anyone know how to invoke both good and evil at once. To join both sides and become whole????

Any names of authentic artifacts, spells, symbols.

Drewcifer January 1, 2011 at 4:51 am

Micheal banished Satan unto the earth, the gates of hell are not, have not been sealed.
All I have to say to all of you that seem to want to “summon ” demons or the devil or what ever else may pass through your little head, have some fucking respect. these been are as old as time.

Calicade December 29, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I can see that the lot of you don’t know much about your demons, most likely don’t even know who the Generals of Hell are. Start Reading Aleistar Crowley back to the 12th Century Germany, a shit load of Occult texts in all of it. As well to summon a demon and any sort of…. Vile Thing will cause your death and your permanent enslavement to the will of the Abyss. Basically in modern terms you will become hells Bitch and Everlasting Ass Buddy/Toy. NOW.. If your into that kind of thing.. You need to go ahead rape a cow with an upside down star that you managed to color in Crayons on its back and kill yourself… ONE WAY TRIP TO HELL! HERE WE GO! ASS CAPTAIN FIRE UP THE ENGINE!

Osiris_sunra December 4, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Response to :BAAL:,
Thankyou for your reply… But i do for sure these entities positively exist. I thnk i said before, that i was heavily and seriously into Christianity most of my life, before all the betrayals of “god” , and the lies and insanity of the bible got to me,….
However I heard to Devils voice speak to me at age 13 and laugh.. Long story on that one.. I was trying to be almost perfect, and he told me he knew everything i was thinking..then laughed.. Never heard that again, but i have come into contact with 2 :dark: intities..one at age 18, and another 10 years later..this time, when the thing tried to overtake me, it was chanting/singing..No way i can even begin to explain it, because what i heard was not explainable ..What i mean is that it was nothing of this world..therefore i could never explain what i heard except that it had a purely evil intent to overtake me. This was real. I could go into great detail on all these experiences so you would understand, but it would take up way too much space on here. Thanks for the reply though. Take care.

incarnated December 4, 2010 at 7:48 am

Try studying the kabbalah it’s open your eyes don’t be beshfull

incarnated December 4, 2010 at 7:44 am

why don’t you go by intuition and reason

Robert king December 4, 2010 at 7:39 am

Enery takes heaven and earthly form who are we to think we know better

Baal December 3, 2010 at 1:09 am

Osiris_sunra, if you really want to reach out for the dark lord, the only thing you need to do is embrace yourself, accept yourself for who you truly are, there are no flaws, nothing wrong with you, do not fear or bow down to any god, demi-god nor any other man-made symbolisms, religious bullshit, you are your own god! No one is less or more powerful than anyone, fool and weak is the one that thinks he can control others out of fear and spread hatred. Nature is where its at, the “true” power of the storms, the sea, the sun, the moon and so on an so forth. No god is more powerful than nature.
As for the satanic, diabolical side of things, erase it from your mind, those are christian concepts, you should embrace what YOU feel its right, you don´t need to be evil to get “in touch with the dark lord”. He lives inside you, me and everyone, its in our nature to be rebellious, seek pleasure, embrace our creative side and channel our darkest thoughts into art, music etc. The Dark Lord represents your repressed emotions and the things that you want to unleash and at the same time the power that you have to set yourself free, put an end to your inner turmoils and have a good life. He stands for both good and evil, at the same time. Embrace that and the rest will follow.
There is no such thing as “summoning” the dark lord, summon the force that lives inside you, thats where its at.

Osiris_sunra November 30, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I am interested in talking with, or conversing, communicating with, anyone that wishes to attempt in truly summoning Lucifer, or any other so called demonic energies… I do believe.. I just want to make contact…and need some help. We need to organize. This isn’t a joke. I spent too many Lost years on this bullshi# Christianity, only to realize that God is a Psychopathic, Bi-Polar, Traitorous Tyrrant.
I’m ready to move on to the truth. I’m open to anyone that would like to help

Raphael November 30, 2010 at 4:21 pm

ahm first things first
NO ONE SUMMON LUCIFER
LUCIFER IS NOT a DEMON he is an ANGEL an ARCANGEL
or better WAS
Michal seald Lucifer in a cage in hell
i don´t think that a mortal people is able to bring Lucifer back
and if someone try i REALLY HOPE GOD THE LORD SEND SATAN BACK!!
AND PLEAS DON`T TRY the bettest protection can´t beat him
AND I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE OF YOU IS SO STUPID TO FIND OUT

Julia November 4, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Lucifer’s Lady you are a stupid cunt. You don’t need any sign you just need to believe and worship HIm.

Brandon October 28, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Mikki,
This is the cosmic sigil of Lucifer
it is NOT just a generic example of a sigil.

and to everyone else, “summoning Satan” makes me laugh.
Lucifer is all and is in all, however, only true devotion is awarded.

Jennifer October 21, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Hi Mikki- it’s just a generic example of a sigil.

Mikki October 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Hey can anybody tell me the name of the 3rd symbol to the right of the ‘related’ section? Trying to find out if i DO want it tattoo’d

Oceanus September 22, 2010 at 8:41 am
Oceanus September 22, 2010 at 8:10 am

Hey i had a dream since i was a little child and i and i saw these marking on my body and they said it’s my name can any one please tell me what this mean or if you ever seen this before http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31224390&id=1008797118&ref=fbx_album

merodach September 18, 2010 at 12:27 pm

i wanna have a chat with pyriel because he knows what i know that is why i do not comment on this

David J. Hunter September 7, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I, yes i have seen the angel of light and I know He walks among us. He is here on this manifested plane to judge the entire human race, the jew, the moslem, buddhist, even the unbelievers are to be , will be judged, He showed me North America being destroyed, there will be no more crime of any sort in His Infernal Reign

rimskee August 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm

You’re all insane. Lines on a piece of paper means nothing. You all need to grow the fuck up. Lol.

Daeli August 23, 2010 at 2:59 am

Do not try to summon satan, the demon. It is a mistake, the angel that fell is no more of his former glory. He does not have the power you seek, besides to summon him it would take a great deal of magic and a breaking of seals. God stripped him of his power when he cast him down. He is now chained to the tithes of fate. He may only do what the Lord allows. If summoned it is likely for him to just kill you.

Hex July 15, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Reading these comments. Lucifer was merely a Roman god of light, that Christianity decided to turn into a demon. Anything that wasn’t Christian was demonized.
There are gods, no demons, no tooth fairy, no Santa Claus.
That said, I did get me a pendant with this symbol. I like what it represents: Enlightenment, Intellectualism.
I’m a fan of Anton Lavey.

Pyriel June 2, 2010 at 4:07 am

Lucifer will not be evoked, the only way to get him is to invoke him. However he himself will only come to you if he thinks you are worthy enough and strong enough to be with him and him with you. If you are NOT you will get his guardians and you be fucked. So you better make sure you know what you’re doing. I have achieved such invocation and bear his eternal seal. I could tell you how I did it but I won’t because I was commanded not to, but not only that if you try to copy what I did in the ritual the worst will happen to you. However I can tell you that you have to have the discipline to know you don’t command him, that you aren’t in control over him, you’re trying to earn his friendship and loyalty.
Also know that Lucifer is NOT evil, he still works for God. Think of Lucifer as the warden for a Prison that God made for evil men and women. The guards (Fallen Angels = de-ranked Angels so that Lucifer has command over them) such as Satan, Paimon, Bael etc… are the temptors. Why? Because that’s what they are commanded to do so that Lucifer can weed out the weak and send the strong to the light.
DO AS THOU WILT, ART THOU PURE ENOUGH!?!

Lucifer'sLady June 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Only those marked and chosen will see or be blessed with Lucifer’s presence and touch. Fuck all you dabblers and non believers!!

ANDROCELES May 20, 2010 at 6:14 am

if yyou read the passages isaha 14:3-20 you will see they are talking about a king,lucifer [light-bearer-latin]WAS used to translate the term morning star or day star,IT IS NOT SATANS ORIGINAL NAME,JESUS IS CALLED THE MORNING STAR IN THE NEW TESTAMENT 2 PETER 1:19 THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES MADE,IN GREEK OR ROMAN MYTH LUCIFER[EOSPHORUS]WAS SON OFEURYBIA,FATHER OF DAEDALION,OR POSS. SON OF ZUES AND EOS-EOS WAS GODDES OF DAWN,SOME SAY SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF PHAETHON,TITHONUS,EOSPHORUS[MORNING STAR] AND PHOSPHORUS AND THE WINDS AND STARS,EOS ALSO CALLED AURORA

Mauro March 1, 2010 at 8:56 pm

That’s true Lucifer can be summoned but summoning him is not a good idea no matter your beliefs or religion.the fact that he’s an angel of the order of seraphim only means that he won’t hesitate to kill

Emerald February 27, 2010 at 4:23 am

the symbol isnt the dark one its one of his minions
which was a demon king
weak hahah

Emerald February 27, 2010 at 4:21 am

Sigil is destroyed to mre 2 go

Rashidah February 24, 2010 at 11:17 am

I do not agree with Damien statement. Lucifer can leave his place to come to you. And not necessarily with his angels. But I agree that it can be dangerous. It depends on your intent. DON’T BE STUPID. ” The pentagram is satans hoofprint stamped on human flesh upside down” That is a statement made out of ignorance. The pentagram first came from the Prophet Solomon. If you have access to the Testament of Solomon you will read it for yourself.

Rena February 19, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Hey Kate see if this helps http://www.scribd.com/doc/3283366/Luciferian-Manifest. If it dose I Loved helping you out. so I hope this helped you out!

kate February 3, 2010 at 12:10 am

I would like to know how to get to the Luciferian world, know it is very difficult because one would need to call, I still have an enormous curiosity to know even if he had only known about, would be useful to the extent possible … Please months’m looking for someone who can tell me any accurate information and the worst is that nobody is really q religion says it is, I q must be because you can not say anything, but I’m desperate for help. Already more or I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me.

riverjordan February 1, 2010 at 11:48 am

an ass for me wanna know meaning of “summoning sigil”

SatansGift December 17, 2009 at 11:36 am

The sigil of Lucifer is used by modern theistic satanists as a mental aid to make mental contact with the light-bringer. One would either draw the sigil on a sheet of paper or paint it in red over a black mirror. One would also burn a few black candles, some sandalwood incense, recite the lucifer incantation while staring at the sigil. That is the basics of the ritual, although there is more to it then that, but these things aren’t to be taken lightly, as anytime one wishes to make contact with any non-corporeal entity they risk harm to body, mind, and soul.

Damien December 8, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Lucifer will not be summoned by any mortal for he will not leave the pits of hell. That is his dwelling place and it is where he will remain. In trying to summon lucifer you will summon his demons. Be careful of what you wish. Sometimes it can be deadly. But what i cannot figure out… Yes. I get it. It’s a magical symbol that modern satanists use… But what does it exactly stand for. What is the purpose of this symbol? the pentagram is satans hoofprint stamped on human flesh upside down… So what is this for then?

admin November 17, 2009 at 4:16 pm

It would be considered more of a signature.

kathy November 17, 2009 at 1:33 am

is it prtection against lucifer?

admin November 4, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Well, that was the intended use..but ymmv. :-)

shewholives November 1, 2009 at 5:03 pm

if you were trying to, lets say, summon lucifer, and use this sigil, would it work?

DAN September 14, 2009 at 6:10 pm

CAN YOU SEND ME THE SEAL TO BEELZEBUB?