Wiccan Symbols

{ 1 trackback }

Religious Symbol Dictionary | symboldictionary.net
October 7, 2009 at 1:56 pm

{ 129 comments… read them below or add one }

Emmerson April 16, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I have a question about a strange symbol. I’ve been looking all over the internet and can’t seem to find it. My sister parked her car at school and went about her day at school. When she returned to her car she found a symbol drawn on the concrete on her parking spot. The symbol was a large “X” on the top of the “X” was an “R” on The left side was an “H” across from that was another “H” and under the large “X” was an inverted cross. It looked something like this: h X h, just with an “r” on top of the “X” and an inverted cross under it. I have no idea what this could mean and I’m hoping someone knows.

Jennifer May 2, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Was she legally parked, or was the spot time-limited?

Jess July 2, 2013 at 5:12 am

was the middle symbol this? http://symboldictionary.net/?p=2043

Roni August 31, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Someone is just trying to be funny except they aren’t its probably a peed off kid or teenager! But if it bothers you and you are a religious person ask your local priest or minister to bless your car.

Jdawg September 13, 2013 at 11:52 pm

That’s just a hardcore symbol that people who listen to hardcore bands draw, sometimes it’s just HXC other times they mix it up and the upside down cross is what hardcore fans draw too

Jdawg September 14, 2013 at 12:04 am

Like this here! That’s the letters of a band name what your sister was seeing was the 3 letters of a band name around an X symbolising they are hardcore and a upside down cross before to just fill the gap cause their band name is only 3 words long

Ty April 12, 2013 at 11:26 am

I can understand those with different believes, but you really shouldn’t enforce your believes on others who don’t ask. So please don’t preach to us. I’m a Wiccan and that’s just how it is.

TeknoVikng August 3, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Wicca is just My First Druidic/Shamanic Faith. Gardner just let his D&D system get out of hand and get followers.

You don’t need man made language, tools, and symbols to be attuned to nature, which gave us all we needed to be one with it upon birth.

Wicca is just an excuse for storeowners to rip people off on the materials you need to carry out rituals which ultimately has as much power as item-free prayer.

Break the chains, it’s not those with faith who are the enemy but people who do evil with no mind for faith.

Kevin Tindall October 18, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I believe in God. My God. My God is Gracious, My God is understanding, My God provides for me. Everyone does not believe in God such as I do. Organized relegion is a tool of the government to hold a certain amount of people subservent, Those whom blindly play follow the leader…I believe in the power of prayer. People underestimate thier influences to manipulate circumstances towards favorable ends. First you have to believe in God, Second you have to trust in God, God is good, so long as you accept your God. God will be good to you. God bless, and good day.

Anonymous September 2, 2013 at 6:56 pm

So what about the other side of the coin? If God is good then the Devil is bad. What if most of the people influencing things in this realm work for the Devil? What then? YOUR GOD is many and until people understand THIS then the Devil will win. He knows the rules. He wont’ tell you what they are. Just believe in your God and all will be good. You have to know what use that good against. And we all have to stand up right now and, you are right, PRAY for all the demons here among us to EAT THEMSELVES! The power of ENERGY which is prayer is the channeling of energy for a higher purpose. If you are good and believe in good wholeheartedly, then PRAYER will work because you have faith. Try putting that faith TOWARDS the EVIL.

Jdawg September 13, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Nicely said Kevin but yeah the god thing isn’t for me I’m happy to see it brings you happiness though man

Julia Degener October 11, 2012 at 8:05 am

Hej!

I’m Julia. This is probably not the right side to ask, but have no idea who to ask, but I have a question:
Yesterday I was in my room, I looked at my window and saw some kind om symbol on it.
I went closer to see what it was, and saw it was a cirkel. It kind of looked like a
eye, but also a sun?
I’ve search on google and found out that it could be, gods eye, something to do with spirits and the “Dodekaeder”.
Nobody in my house draw it on my window cause, it was SO straight. But someone drew it on my window, because when I touched it, it was dust on my window.
And i don’t have anything that could look like that symbol on my window.
It looked exactly like this picture I found on google (http://www.google.dk/imgres?um=1&hl=da&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=5Ada0DP7YlXueM:&imgrefurl=http://www.colourbox.dk/vektor/glas-solsymbol-gul-farve-isoleret-paa-den-hvide-vektor-2744484&docid=JjjJDtVmhES_FM&itg=1&imgurl=http://www.colourbox.dk/preview/2744484-955704-glas-solsymbol-gul-farve-isoleret-paa-den-hvide.jpg&w=466&h=480&ei=27R2UJjMOsSn4gTp6IE4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=102&vpy=107&dur=1545&hovh=228&hovw=221&tx=108&ty=115&sig=116866820559613413705&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=144&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:102). Can anyone help me found out?
Sorry my english im not that good at it!

MOCaseA August 31, 2012 at 5:03 am

A lot of you are under the misapprehension that Wicca is some movie based, fairy tale religion that you have to be indoctrinated into. You also seem to believe that once you ARE indoctrinated you can immediately begin to cast spells and manipulate the world around you to your liking. Others have these fantastic tales about their “friends” being adversely affected by Wiccans, later being affected by vision and possessions that sound more like demonic worship than Wicca.

For shame…

Mystic7 – You “fight” what exactly? Demons? Evil spirits bent on dominating the living? Yawning in class? You are no more a Wiccan that the Christian with the apocryphal story of demonic possession.

Rahul – Your story about the friend who was forced to participate in some demonic ritual has been passed around in Christian circles for a few centuries now. Try coming up with something new. Or better yet try researching that which you are trying to bash before your indoctrinated notions get the best of you.

Ricky – No one else can tell you if you are a “true” Wiccan. Only through deep personal introspection and self determination can YOU decide if you are a Wiccan. It is a personal choice, not a choice made by others.

PurePagan – Obviously not a Wiccan, but that isn’t a bad thing. Probably more in line with Shamanism or Spiritualist.

LivingForChrist – Yup. Jesus wants you to convert everyone by condemning them first… That is exactly the way he wanted his follower to spread his belief. If you remove the rest of the Bible, and take only what Jesus said from it, he could quite literally be talking about almost ANY religion. Congrats on not getting the point of what Jesus was trying to say, and that was that personal salvation (not salvation from hell which was invented by the Catholic Church) is only found through PERSONAL belief and not the religious system that had taken over.

All else – The Wiccan faith is about personal growth, equality, and harmony with the world around you. The Wiccan Rede is (converted to modern language) “As long as it doesn’t hurt anyone, do what you want to.” Personal condemnations, judgmental attitudes, and any other attack on people simply because of a choice they made is harm. And for those who would try to say that my statement to LivingForChrist is an attack, read through it again and see that I’m not attacking his statement, not his beliefs, but the religious system he has fallen prey to. Helping someone to grow spiritually is not an attack, but an attempt to help people grow out of their hatred and misconceived notions.

By the powers that be, be blessed and may all your fruitful endeavors be blessed too. Blessed Be.

Curiouss :) August 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm

hey … a question to all those who are more educated in symbology than myself .. i need to get a tattoo that symbolizes protection, strength and possibly magic. A few of the obvious ones i’m unable to get for various diff reasons such as:eye of horus/ra, triqueta, pentagram and also old rhunes … and if at all possible i would like this symbol to be beautiful as it will be on me for the rest of my life! i would prefer the symbol to be of norse/wiccan/pagan origin but i’m still open to any suggestion or help! Any links or suggestions are most welcome,, thanks for your time!!

suri sage August 4, 2012 at 1:36 am

Wiccan isn’t a religion as much as it is a lifesyle (a way of life) Every day has meaning, every month into the season which follows the moon cycle. It is what the person practicing is. there are good and bad people, and there are good and bad witches. As with anything, you should not be doing something you do not understand.

Anaya August 3, 2012 at 11:42 am

Hehe, this dispute is funny. I am a Spiritual Woman, whom has taken Light and Love into her life back when she was Eight years old. Mother is Baptist. She encourages my love for the Moon, Earth, Life Cycles, Tarot, etc. etc. She has her God I have mine God AND Goddess. There is no Devil, no Satan. The reason Christians even HAVE a Satan is because the founders of Christianity had to figure out a way to Transfer the pagans over to their MADE UP religion and said that Pagan’s Horned God was Satan in their religion. So, people that dispute over everything, please don’t. Just read up your history. Paganism is MUCH older than God and Christ. Paganism was in Rome, Greece, Egypt, etc. etc. Much longer than England had it’s “Christianity”.

Why do you all think Christmas is called the “Yuletide season?” In that time is the Yule Sabbat for Paganism. Why do you think you have so many Pagan converters to Christianity in the way past. Those people that had to convince others to come to their religion had to take bits and pieces of Paganism to their new found religion. So, just think before you speak, all. :)

Richard September 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Not sure why you think Christianity is English??? Only religion to ever come from Britain is Wicca! Yule Tide comes from the Norse religion (Odin) not Wicca or direct precursors. The horned God is quite interesting with regard to Christianity – Moses (OK in the Old Testament as it is not directly Christian, but one of the few accepted books (Exodus) from earlier Hebrew texts) was said to be “horned” – Michelangelo’s statue of Moses had horns – this was because in Hebrew the words for “Horns” and “Illumination” is the same (context differentiates) and Christians (specifically St Jerome) believed only Jesus could have a halo.

mystic7 July 7, 2012 at 5:17 am

I’ve read all your post and have to say this. Do any of you know what your messing with or trying to do. Like Ricky. He gets to find out if he is a true wiccan or not. Please give me a break. You either are or your not and you should be able to tell. You guys don’t know what it is your doing and i bet most of the people training you doesn’t know either. Were you told that for everything you do has consequences. Even a healing spell. And before ya’ll get all pissy on me start asking what would i know about it let me just say 2 things. First I’m a heirtary witch and second the coven i’m in is called the mystic 7. look it up and see what we deal with. There is more out there then you can possibly imagine and i have fought it. Until you can deal with things coming at you because of what your doing don’t dabble it just pisses them off.

Vivian June 29, 2012 at 2:09 am

@Rahul, you should post your stories at psychic experience dot come. I’m only a beginner learning avout magic, so I feel that it is not in my place to help you in any othe way than guiding you to people who know more than me.

@ everyone else, let’s just bury the hatchet, okay? I don’t believe in the turn the other cheek policy but I believe in live and let live. There has been about TWO anti-wiccan posts, and the rest are all about trashing them. Let’s just comment on the topif of the website, shall we?

@the person who made this page. Sorry that your comments have been used for bashing instead of giving you the rightful praise that you deserve. I learned so much from this entry! It was very informative! I think my favorite symbol is the triquetra because it’s basic yet pretty, and I like the explanaion behind it as well!

Luna April 25, 2012 at 5:11 pm

this may sound weird…. But ever since and before I was born I have had my own symbol no, not a symbol that means something else (beileive me i’v reaserched)
but a symbol that represents, I don’t know, I geuss its just my own symbol.

Anyway, I was born with my own symbol. My mother when I was young, saw the symbol always near me when I was a sleep. Before I became Wiccan, I had it and then later when I was more interested in wicca, I looked at the goddess s symbol
)O( and realized it was practically the same as mine except…. Crescent moons facing the other way………………………….. ???

Anonymous August 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Trinity moon. Represents the three aspects of the goddess. Maiden, Mother, Crone.

Rahul March 30, 2012 at 7:04 am

Dear Wiccans,

my friend went to another kid’s house when he was eleven. In the house there were two skulls, a pentacle and an eye. then, the kid slit my friend’s thumb and put some of his blood on the skulls. My friend got angry and scolded him but the boy started chanting in a different Language. My friend got freaked out and left the house immediately.Now,3 years on, He continuosly draws skulls and eyes.Then,last night, he had a dream of a man with a hood and a staff telling him to paste his bloody fingerprint in a book full of other bloody fingerprints and said that he has until tonight to decide.

I myself am Christian and ,I admit, I thougth that your religion was evil. However, I have felt that you guys have been wronged by others. I therefore ask for your help for my friend sake. I RESPECT EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU NO MATTER WHAT.I HOPE YOU WILL FORGIVE ME AND TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENNING TO MY FRIEND.

dilliya March 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

I have an uncle that converted to Mormonism before I was born, before he chose that path he came to my mother( a Mormon / christian from birth ) and asked for all the documentation she could provide him with on the Mormon religion. He said the reason he wanted this was so he could make his own choice on this one religion , that so many people seamed to have such a hate for, and if so many people were thinking it was so wrong, there must be something wright about it. I feel that the same goes for Wiccan, pagan etc. If Our religion is wrong, what is your religion saying about ours that makes it so wrong. That is not in any way meant to be hurt felt, but something to think about. When I was growing up Mormon, I never once heard anything bad about an other persons religion, That I can remember. I was shocked to hear my Baptist friend tell me that she was taught that Mormons have horns growing out of their heads. Now of course my first reaction at 9 years old was to laugh, and then quickly check to see if I did indeed have horns along my hair line…well of course there were no horns, a shame. But, its just one thing that can show us how ones choice in religion can be shaded to be something wrong,( Horns representing the devil, by christian beliefs) All things can be taken out of context, even the color blue, blue of a bird and a flower even the sky and gems. Blue is a timeless constant in our world, but blue has been taken to represent more ominous things in gangs of today and even civil wars of our history. Even the words of Jesus Christ have been used to persecute and tarnish, in a way, his good works. Jesus was a brave man that spoke up for what he believed in. Subsequently, was killed for believing something so different then what other people were being taught. Witches ,healers, were burned at the stake for having knowledge of healing arts and believing in “something” different.. people are afraid of what they don’t understand and that is a truth that every person can identify with at some time in their lives. If it does not feel right for you then it is not what you should be doing. The human race has such a vast history, just look at how far we have came from 35-20 thousand years ago. Granted when I think of that time period I think of a more accepting and nurturing people, lol, but we needed each other then to survive threw out our days. If we didn’t have anything to believe in, what do you think would happen to us as a race? wasn’t it Gandhi that said ” I like your Christ, but i do not like your Christians.” I feel that this phrase is relative to all that would oppress or persecute a persons beliefs. If it is not hurting anyone, and they are not hurting you, then why must we/you/they feel the need to change a persons thinking to be more like our/their/your own?.. Blessings to you all, I definitely felt a great kindness from Luna Crow, Sebastian and solitary, I even felt the love of the christian posters, because that is their beliefs and what they love. There is no right or wrong way of doing things, make it your own way of feeling and you can never be wrong. Thank you for the Site, and Thank you all for stirring in me a response/comment. Blessed be the mother and thy father. :-)

Josh March 21, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Well to start with, I am more of an atheist. However, I have found in my research of the pagan religions and philosophies, that I have more respect for those than I do Christianity and Islam.

Perhaps it is being persecuted for being an apostate. Perhaps it the belief that a supposed god made me flawed and born into sin, only to spend an eternity in hell for questioning the world around me, but he still “loves” me. Who knows?

Nonetheless, thank you for the informative site.

PurePagan! March 19, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Maxine….

Spirits are all different. You say its a bad 1? Depending on the trouble it has been cousing you first need to find out if it is a Spirit or a Demon… It could be for alot of different reasons… If its a Spirit it could be tryin to communicate:) i am some1 who constantly see’s spirits among other things:( 4 some reason. If a Demon then you need to seek profferinoal help. If you ever feel it is giving u a threat. Then it is your choice to let it stay… A spirit usualy respects if you ask it to leav your domain politely. It wil however not keep it away. A Demon will not listen and stay. A demon wil only be around if u hav made any silly deals with 1 or it is waiting to collect on 1… If you feel scared or unprotected then just imagin urself with a glowing blue Pentacle on your forehead and urself wrapped in a blue haze generating from the pentacle… Also the sybol ‘triquetra’ is a sybol of protection:) draw this near you wen you feel under threat:)
(i have both these symbols and 4 more tattooed on me) hope all goes well..

Chers:)

PurePagan!

PurePagan! March 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

This is to livingforchrist as well..! If our views are not welcome in your church’s then what makes you think your Christian lies are welcome here… If you know ur history and ur religon you wil see clearly that most sybol’s come from us Pagans! So when you disside to wake up and realise that Christianity was created by the clergy to gain a higherarchy of controle among the people. We alwais have to respect your beliefs so now its time others respected ours!!! Just cous we keep the old ways does not mean we are evil!

Luna Crow February 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm

This site hasn’t been commented on for a while, and I know not if this will reach anyone (woah, feels like this is my last message being sent or something haha) but I guess I’ll deposite my penny for my thoughts. I am now 17 and have associated myself with Wicca for four years now. My familiar is my German Shepherd named Fritz. He’s quite adorable, but I digress. I’m sure no one wants to read all about me. I know LivingforChrist’s comment was made quitre a while ago, and we should not continue to rub their face in it, but I am merely bringing it up to anyone who happens to read this and has the many misconceptions about Wiccans.

So, here it goes.

No, we do not drink blood (unless we like get a paper cut or bite our cheeks or something, but I hardly think that counts. Plus, many people do that).

No, we do not worship this “devil” Christians speak of. We have no reason for an evil god who wishes to make us stray from the path of the good one. There are many gods, goddesses, and evil entities out there, but none wish to posses your will and make you go to a bad place called “hell”. We are in charge of our own actions and “suffer” for them during our lifetime, or are simply not allowed to be reicarnated and must stay in the Summerland with the goddess and everyone else who has died. Perhaps “evil” people are sent to the Shadowland, but I digress yet again.

And please, would you stop running in fear screaming we will put hexes on you? Yes, anyone in the world has the power to cast a hex. Yes, they do work. NO WE DO NOT CAST THEM if naught for the simple reason that whatever we do, good or bad, is returned to us three-fold. So if I were to cast, say, a hex that didn’t allow you to make money, then that would return to me three-fold and perhaps I would go bankrupt and loose my house or something t that degree. We are not evil, but different, so cast aside your xenophobic tendincies and allow us to live our lives as you are allowed to live yours.

Merry meet and merry part, until we merry meet again.

Pagan1618 February 28, 2012 at 1:48 am

to Yorsec and Sebastian. thank you for defending, but your efforts are for not. the minds that are completely engulfed in Christianity will not budge and believe all other religions are Satanic. Your efforts are understood and completely respected by all who follow the craft but to them your just “the devils disciple trying to warp their minds and drag them to hell.” Orly31 is trying to convert because the “Engulfed Christians” do not treat her with respect because she is different, Orly31, you will find that kind of respect among the right kind and true to the Divine pagan/Wicca out there.
To All
Blessed Be.

Jay-w September 26, 2013 at 4:35 pm

You are wrong, I am a Christian but I believe differently then what anyone expects, you say Christianity is all the same, there are different denomination because of the simple fact that there are different points of views. All religions have common grounds, God or deities male and female higher powers, the practice of do what u want but let it harm none, awefully similar to do into others as u would be done. Christians aren’t suppose to believe that we magic is or sorcery is okay, but rituals and apothecaries were mentioned in the bible, most people automatically assumes that mixing herbs and using their properties are magic and therefore are damned… Let’s see everyone would be, we take medicine which is derived from plants based on the properties they have, we cook so we use herbs and even salt! So no I’m not the same as a traditional Christian … I follow my heart and listen to the inner voice, I base my life and my decisions on wht I feel, the bible is meant as a guide book on how to live your live, it’s a road map and though many see it as the core of the religion… It’s not, it’s about belief in a higher power, the following of basic good principles, I’m not pushing my faith on anyone else for I don’t believe that’s right, I believe that each person has a choice and that choice has rewards or consequences…. Sound like a threefold rule? I use to be Wiccan but my heart chose my own belief for me, I don’t think or follow standard rules and practices of an organized religion, as everyone is unique and so Is our point of view. So no I don’t believe it’s organized how I believe, and don’t bash me I am not bashing anyone, I don’t like to correct or criticize anyone, it’s not my place to, everyone has the ability to know right or wrong, just and unjust, humane and inhumane. I love nature and feel close to it, but I’m not Wiccan, loving the earth and it’s creations are not Wiccan it’s a core concept. Tend the fields and animals, a basic concept in all religions! So before Christians and wiccans have a fight or war over who is right and who is wrong, just use your heart and your mind, all religions have common grounds, so neither is wrong! It’s just a different point of view! Well I take my leave, merry meet merry part, may your higher powers keep you and guide your heart, blessed be!

moon cat December 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm

nicely said,ive already figured out a long time ago that the christains minds would not budge, and im only thirteen!if only wicca was accepted in todays terms

Wiccan Witch February 27, 2012 at 6:58 pm

To the Christians:

I went to a religious private school from kindergarten through 8th grade. The Bible never spoke to me, and I never felt any abundant joy talking about God. When I found Paganism/Wicca 13 years ago, it just felt right. I feel the love of the Goddess every day. Being Wiccan makes me a better person. It teaches me to be patient, to be kind, to love, to nurture. We do not believe in the devil. If you want to believe in that sort of Evil, that’s your thing. I just can’t believe in a religion that thinks it’s okay to single someone out just to hurt them- physically or emotionally. Our religion has a very important rule we must abide by: harm none. Many Christians think it’s okay to be hateful to homosexuals, non-christans, and others because “God says it’s wrong.” I don’t think it’s okay to be hateful to anyone- if I were Christian, I would say only hatred could come from the devil. So who is it working through you, then, when you are hateful to someone who doesn’t share your beliefs?

I have never been more spiritually elated since I have found Wicca and if you knew anything REAL about our religion, you would understand how amazing and beautiful Wicca truly is.

Think before you judge, and know what it is you’re against before you decide you are truly against it.

Shine February 26, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Wait, we have the mano cornuta without the mano fica to accompany it!!???

Sterling B February 22, 2012 at 4:58 pm

First Jesus died I. The cross doesn’t mean he did it for you or me he did it because he had no choose he would have live if u could have.. Now god on the other hand can’t help you he made the “PERCEFT” world so every prey u make to him , he is t receiving. He doesnt need to. Hangs anything the world is perfect , remember its quoted in the bible so are prayers are goo g to someone else… Oh wait so does that mean there going to someone else like the devil? YES, it’s jot that he is evil it’s the request we want that makes him appear evil. Say you ask for someone to get hurt or to get cured well there needs to be an equal exchange, so for that saying everything you pray for is not going to god but the devil whom is can answer but for something equal to the request!

jennifer February 6, 2012 at 6:35 am

lazy wit0ch a five pointed star represents the 4 elements of the earth possibly the 5th point is strength hope that helps.
Maxine you need to smug your house with a smudging stick made of sage. you can by them from any wiccan supply shop or on line

jennifer February 5, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I have brought from England a protection symbol made of pottery it is round on one side it has an owl with a crescent moon on the other side it has a circle of arrow heads in the middle it has a closed hand with 5 pointed star with a circle around it.
I know what the 5 pointed star means but was hopping somebody might know what the whole pictures mean thanks

MaDiZuM December 21, 2011 at 3:35 am

@Solitary your comments are very wise indeed. Much truth is held behind those words. hopefully those seeking answers here will truly take in what you’ve said.

AND MY SINCEREST APOLIGIES TO ANY CHRISTIANS that are here that aren’t here to cause problems. I realize my last post might seem harsh to some. it was meant for those throwing stones who live in glass houses themselves. an’ ye harm none, do as ye will merry ye meet, an’ merry ye part

sharon December 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm

God is in us and around us he’s the earth and sky .he made signs to lead us by years and days.he let’s us know that if we put evil out we can expect it back. Father Son and the holy Goest.yes Goest. Sirit.magic if you wuold see me stik my finger in water and turn it to wine .and a miracle if Jesus dose it.ther is carma That’s your magic.good or bad you make it your self .if you put it out you will get it back.the same thing with doing good . Theas things are all in with the liveing Gods laws.put it together.

Yorsec December 18, 2011 at 12:06 am

This is to LivingforChrist:

Why on Earth would you say that? I’m a teenage Wiccan (14) and that really offends me. We Wiccans make the world a better place. And I agree with Sebastian, you should repect us so you guys could get the same respect as us. So please don’t EVER say that we are Devil-Worshipers because first off, we don’t beleive in Hell or Satan. Second, we do good deeds. Not because we have to, because we want to. So next time don’t waste your time commenting on a post about Wiccan symbols becuase you don’t know us at all. So think of what you have said and you stick to your beliefs and we stick to ours. Good day, sir!

Maxine Murison December 8, 2011 at 7:58 am

Hi, I have a problem with a bad spirit and I qould like to know if you know where I can get info from to get rid of it as I am only a beginner in wicca.
Thankyou,
Maxine.

LazyWi0tch November 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Does anyone know of any Wiccan symbols that represent water, fire, earth, air, or strength if there is any? If anyone does, can ya’ll link me to a picture of em? Thanks.

Ivy October 23, 2011 at 7:38 am

I am not sure why I feel like responding but iamgonna
after reading some of the things on here
yes I am Wiccan and proud of it.
So let me say this I Am A Christian.
I am not nazerene, baptist, or any
other church going fanatic(not saying anything
bad here). But I AM A Religion just don’t
put us down or say we are evil because
it is in no way true..btw I grew up baptist
but my heart has always been about
truth and love
Mzz Ivy

Solitary October 13, 2011 at 5:58 am

Personally I favour Wicca as a solitary practitioner simply because Wicca is not supposed to have a heirarchy and where people gather a heirarchy usually develops. I believe that’s why formal religions can become unpopular with some seekers. Wiccans are not suppose to proselytise because the journey is about your own spiritual development and nobody can find your path for you. It doesn’t matter what religion you choose – the journey may be different, but the destination is always the same. See you there.

Christmysavior August 26, 2011 at 1:06 pm

All I can say is no it’s not going to cause us to go to hell!! I am a Christian also, I looked on here because I actually had a Person that is a Pagan talk to me about it and then gave me a blessing. I’m not sure that I approve of that. Frankly it scares me! I love God and he would do anything for me and you!! That’s why he gave his son to die for us on the cross. And we don’t try to put you down, and we do talk to everyone about God because that’s what God wants us to do!! He doesn’t want us to push it down your throats but he wants you to know how he has a meaning for your life and how much better your life can be with him it and in your heart!! He

Richard September 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm

It scares you because you do not understand it – like many follows of the “traditional” organised religions, you never look beyond what your religious leaders tell/teach you. As to “he died for us”, look into ATYS OF PHRYGIA CRUCIFIED, 1170 B.C (crucified, buried and then rose 3 days later – twelve hundred years before your Christ was born). The bible was put together by a non-Christian emperor (Constantine) to reunite his people (he was an exiled Emperor living in Constantinople (Istanbul) Rome was in mass decline and often open revolt) – perhaps you should concentrate on learning your own religion before you decide that our is wrong.
NB: It always amazes me hoe Christians know what “God” want them to do — especially when their own scripture states it is sinful to presume to know God’s mind!

Sebastian June 5, 2011 at 8:47 pm

@livingforchrist

I have been Wiccan for close to a year and your comment truly offends me. We do not in any way worship or give ourselves to the Devil. I understand by your comment you are a true believer in Christianity and I respect that but can you give us the same level of respect and understanding? I am not going to stereotype Christians by saying you all are ignorant of other beliefs such as Wicca because virtually all of the ones I talked to are very accepting. You are only the second Christian that I have seen insult Wicca. The other was a pastor that says that Wiccan’s are going to hell and beliefs are satanic and fake. You can believe what you want but please don’t put other religions down. I honestly believe that no matter what your beliefs are if you are a good person and do not wish pain upon others you will get a reward at the end. Now instead of targeting us with hate and misunderstanding go be a good person and help people who are truly lost, in need, unfortunate, and the ones who ask you for it. The people who chose this site for help and asked questions are asking it from people that actually know what they are asking and have compassion for what is asked. I hope you can find understanding or tolerance in what I’ve said. And Orly31 be truly sure what you want before you begin to explore Wicca and if you still want to believe in Jesus there are Wiccans out there who do. The best book anyone can read about Wicca is “Book of Shadows And Light”

Blessed Be!

Le June 5, 2011 at 6:14 am

I am responding to livingforchrist. Wiccans do not believe in the devil or hell. Christians believe in the devil. You believe he exists. Wiccans don’t. Also, if you’re so sure that you are Christian, then why are you reading about Wiccan symbols? Won’t you go to hell for that?

Wiccan Spells June 4, 2011 at 11:53 am

This article is so big, and I love how you explain each symbol in part.

livingforchrist April 15, 2011 at 9:40 am

im am responding to Orly31. how can you let the devil take over your life and become a wiccan ? if you have been consumed by his love & majesty ? JESUS CHRIST died on the cross for us , soo then we have the CHANCE to live FOR him . who do you know tht would die on a cross for you ? NO ONE , deff. not the way JESUS did , the devil wants to play tricks on everyone , trying to steal our identity from us , trying to make us look like him & NOT JESUS CHRIST. everyone open your eyes & see wht is around you and wht you are doing to your selves. you can serve God and live a life of eternity with God & his mighty angels, or burn in hell for every sin tht you have not asked forgiveness for . GOD BLESS EVERYONE ! AND MAY THIS POST COMSUME YOUR BODY mind and SPIRT IN THE NAME OF JESUS & ALL THE POWER AND MIGHT IN THE HOLY BLOOD THT WAS POURED ON THE CROSS . GIVE PRAISE TO THE LIVING GOD !

La Toya September 19, 2013 at 11:06 pm

The only devil I see, is you… You should look in the mirror sometime, and ask yourself why you believe it is right to judge others. How you point a finger at someone, and claim they’re something when you know nothing of it at all. Just remember, you can point fingers and make accusations all you please. Just know that when you point your stubby little finger, you have three stubby little fingers pointing back at you.

Chanel Menning November 16, 2010 at 10:01 am

Bury truth if you would lie about your dreams – Confucius

Alex Crook September 15, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Hi I am new at all this and I was just wondering what does my name mean in the Wiccan Dictonary because i think that it means something else than what people are saying it is when can someone find it for me and then letting me know what it is thanks

george pados August 22, 2010 at 7:50 am

hi, im looking for any meaning behind the shape that usually outlines doors and windows in islamic architecture and which also frames buddhist images? thanks.

Brionglóid July 30, 2010 at 7:21 pm

@MoonLilly – You could try creating a sigil. I found a couple of sites that that give instructions of there creation. The purpose that the sites for the creation of a sigil are not the same as I had learned over ten years ago. To make one to represent you, use your name (or, preferably, your craft name). I had placed my first one on the cover of my personal grimoire at that time…

@thomas – They’re Valkyrie from Norse Mythology. Here a couple of links I hope to be useful:

@wiccan prince – Caduceus, the Staff of Asclepius… If your interested in healing I suggest looking into Shamanism.

Owl July 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm

brian be careful and find a good spiritual reader someone who will do readings for a small fee or trade if they want a lot for a reading they are not worth your time.^^ good luck Brian

brian May 3, 2010 at 2:51 am

i dream of things and they come true.. what does this mean? i can lookin peoples eyes and feel there happiness, pain, grief, and guilt what does this mean? alot of times it feels as though a great energy is going through me and it modivates me to do things i dont think is normal.. like for example sometimes i believe that i can levatate but when i focus everything goes dark and i wake up hours later.. what does this mean?

wiccan prince March 9, 2010 at 3:02 pm

ive been studying wicca for awhile and i have just started trying to learn the symbols… im intrested in healing rituals so if you have any symbols that u think i should look at please let me know

edgar 93 93/93 March 4, 2010 at 10:29 am

To the few people whove said their thinking of becoming wiccan check out magickschool.com the forums excellent for asking any questions if your interested and they also do free courses to introduce you to the basics :)
Blessed be

starcrafter February 13, 2010 at 8:26 pm

i have a old … what i think to be a wiccin chair very detailed with some kind of white stone in laid into it and carved with some letters on the front it is a five bar folding chair of it would like to know if anyone has seen such a thing

Orly31 February 7, 2010 at 10:58 am

I so belived in Jesus Christ and christianity…
I want some thing else to belive..There’re alot of ppl
who belive in Christ , treat me like crap. I dnt want it anymore.
I followed most of my life. I hope I’m making the right chocie to become
a Wiccan. I can’t see myself pleasing god…. And turning a deaf ear to his followers because they have casted me aside along time ago.

ricky November 29, 2009 at 11:04 am

and there is a defrent type of symboles for the elaments but its just circles

ricky November 28, 2009 at 10:13 pm

im goin to figure out if im a true wican tomaro yay!

Kiara November 26, 2009 at 1:38 am

Hi I’m looking to find some symbols for Earth, Air, Fire and Water, but i don’t want the plain triangles, Can some one point me in the right direction.? I’m looking for ancient pagan/wiccan symbols.

kimberly dawn November 13, 2009 at 3:34 pm

ok…ive been talkin to some friends about wicca stuff and i know its real, dont get me wrong, but i kinda think they are makin up what THEY tell me and i dont know what to do about it…

thomas September 10, 2009 at 12:25 pm

does anyone know what this is hopefully i spelled it right norse valcre i heard it is a soldier’s angel can anyone help.